Anna Ushenina is now women’s world champion. In the final, with former champion Antoaneta Stefanova, she levels score in classical games while in tie-break scored 1.5-0.5 to clinch the title.
In the first tie-break games Anna was Bishop down but no pawn on the board game went to draw while in the second tie-break, won the game with 2 pawns plus in rook ending.
Tournament was held at Khanty – Mansiysk , Russia. Event was six knock out round with 2 games.
Her Journey towards championship
- Victory over Cori Deysi (2011 World junior girls champion) by 1.5-0.5
- She drew both classical games with Anna Muzychuk but won in tie break by winning both games.
- Then she crushed Natalia Pogonina with 1.5 -0.5.
- To reach into last four she defeated Nadezhda Kosintseva by scoring 1.5 to 0.5
- After that, she again used tie-break to win over Ju Wenjun.
- In the final, scored 2-2 in the best of four and to create history she won tie-break.
Here is the winning tie-break game: